Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter!



We had a really great Easter over here. For the most part it was low key, although it felt pretty busy. We started the celebration with a little Easter Eggs dying. We've never done this with the girls before. It was a huge hit! 
I took a trip to Ikea on Saturday and picked up a couple of things for the house and then for the girls baskets. They have been very into helping me in the kitchen lately. They got little kitchen utensils and aprons. They also got their summer sandals, Easter books, and art/coloring supplies. 
We woke the girls up early so they could open up their baskets and do a little living room egg hunt. Next year I think we'll do the Easter festivities Saturday morning. We were in such a rush that they didn't even get to enjoy it much before we were dressed and out the door. 
They eggs had 1 or 2 jelly beans in them. So the girls were nice and sugared up for church. A mistake I will NOT be making again. 
 That little tush in the air is killing me. 

After the morning festivities, church, and a little trip to urgent care (everyone is fine, kidney issues for me) we spent the afternoon and dinner at a friend's house. I call our holidays with friends "orphan holidays" because it's everyone that is a transplant. We all get together to make our Maine family. I feel pretty fortunate to have found so many good friends that take us orphans in. 

I still need take pictures of the girls in their dresses. Because of my little doctor visit on Sunday I missed my chance. 

Happy Easter! He is risen!!




ps: I just finished my first go at whole 30. It was fantastic and pretty life-changing. If you want to see some pictures and details from that my instagram is @yoast_fitness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment