Friday, December 18, 2015

December so far...

We have been having the nicest December over here in Maine. I'm talking in the 50's and sunny consistently. Obviously to our friends in California that might not seem super warm but considering two years ago Brian was surfing in single digits this time of year 50's is pretty unheard of. I am of course loving it, however since our livelihood depends on a little bit of snow it would be nice to get some lower temperatures sometime soon. I also think the snow would help with my Scrooge McGrinch attitude lately. 

We started off December with taking our annual Christmas card photos. Like I have said before I am too cheap to spring for a pro so we are still using the good old tripod and self timer. I took approximately 4 million pictures and ended with a dozen acceptable ones. Anyway here are some of the decent ones.
My favorite shot from the day. She is the sweetest kid around.
Just chatting away. The are so fond of each other. Since they started sharing a room they are so much closer. I can already here myself yelling at them to stop chatting away and go to bed.
The only smile I got all day. And look at that red hair!
Getting kids to look at a camera is pretty hard...getting a dog to look (while at the beach) is impossible. Brian had to hide his ball behind the rock just to get a side profile. This is as good as its gonna get. 

 We have also been trying to participate in all the Holiday activities. We have made and decorated cookies, watched the Christmas parade, drove around looking at lights, handed out neighbor gifts, gingerbread house (train), and hung out with good old Father Christmas.

I'm not entirely sure where Coco's dress is from. Hand me down for sure. But I have made here wear it regularly because it's basically a Christmas explosion. Super funny.
Nubble Lighthouse in Cape Neddick
Christmas. Maine style.
Getting ready to hand out gifts to our neighbors. (Honey butter and a card)

They were both into Santa from a distance. I definitely do not force it though cause I was not a big Santa fan growing up...in fact I was really relieved when I discovered the truth. So I will not be forcing my kids to participate. The did talk about him a lot after and Amelia let me know she will sleep really good for some extra swag under the tree.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome,merry Christmas to your family.Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete