Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

Happy Boxing Day! Being so close to Canada I just learned about Boxing Day and thought we should extend our holiday celebrations to include all holidays. I'm not entirely sure of the origin of Boxing Day or what people do to celebrate...but let's celebrate anyway. Also Brian is half Canadian so really it makes sense.

Anyway, we had a really great low key Christmas this year. Truth be told, living across the country from our families, we always have a low key Christmas. We started our celebrating with some light gazing, carol singing (in the comfort of our car), and Japanese food for Christmas Eve. I think next year we will step it up to the hibachi so we can have dinner and a show for our Christmas Eve tradition. Also I FINALLY had some decent sushi. Good Asian food is hard to come by over here. 

This year we didn't decorate our tree until Christmas Eve, on account of Coco. I got out some of our ornaments and after bath the girls got to decorating. 
Coco's cheese face.
I LOVE matching pajamas. How long can I get away with it?
Traditional reading of "The Night Before Christmas"
I try my hardest every year to take all the cheesy photos. Below it the obligatory in front of the tree silhouette photo. The best part was that right after this Coco grabbed onto Amelia in a WWE take down.
After the girls went to bed Brian and I got to wrapping. We put on Christmas story and wrapped for pretty much the whole movie. We actually didn't get much for the girls but we did have to wrap Grandparent and Aunt (my sisters) gifts as well. All the sudden our little tiny tree was engulfed in gifts.
The girls always get books from Santa.
Its actually not that much but our tree is so tiny that it looks like tons.
Christmas morning explosion.
After gifts we had a quick bite to eat and made our way down to the beach (in our pajamas). The weather is incredibly warm and the surf was good. Really the beach was a must.
Such a pretty morning.
The beach is our favorite playground.
After the beach we did our annual face time call to my family to open our exchange gifts. Our theme this year was ugly Christmas sweaters. Super funny and some real good ones.  I didn't get a picture yet but I will. Brian got a very merry Chewbacca and I got a homemade tribute to Mermen and NSYNC. Really ugly...and awesome. 

A few months ago we were perusing Target and found a little girl bike marked down from $90 to $12. We had no intention of getting Amelia a bike but we couldn't pass that deal up. She loves it. She picked out her helmet and we spent the afternoon riding bikes and skateboards and hanging out in the beautiful weather. Seriously, Brian was wearing a T-shirt...in December.
We also watched a couple Christmas movies and ate way too many sweets. After the sun went down we relaxed with some guitar/piano playing, naps and dinner. I made Avgolemono which is a Greek soup that I have been practicing for a few months now. I think I am really close to it being perfect. By perfect I mean how my dad makes it. 

Merry Christmas from our family to yours. Until next year...

ps// its supposed to snow on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment