Thursday, April 2, 2015

Operation Fitness: Goal Digging

I am now a month into my journey and I wanted to check in on my original goals

My goals are:
-400 Miles in 6 months
-Kick my caffeine habit
-Lose weight
-A gallon of water a day
-No fast food/candy/sweets
-Regular posts about my fitness
-Sign up for birthday half marathon

So where am I on my goals?? Let start with goal one. This goal has been my main focus. If I am going to get 400 miles in 6 months that is roughly 65-70 miles a month and a little over 2 miles a day. I am right on target with this goal. I did 68 miles in the month of March and I am feeling really good. I can't wait to take the running/walking/hiking to outside. My addition for this goal going into April would be to do less walking and more intervals. 

Kicking my caffeine habit...I am not doing so well. In fact, I am doing terrible. I went the first two weeks and didn't even crave it. I was so excited. Then I hit my "free" day. I thought to myself, what's the harm. Well here I am back to at least one caffeine drink a day. Nothing to add to this goal since it is so challenging on its own. I am just going to take this one day at a time. Really I just need more sleep and more willpower. 

Lose weight. Like I said before, this is secondary. If I accomplish all my other goals this will happen. I need to lose weight so if I make the changes I will. I am trying not to focus on the number but more non scale victories. That being said, I have lost 6 lbs in the first month. I hope to keep up a 3-4lb weight loss every month until Sept and then maintain that weight. 

Drinking a gallon of water a day. I am proud to say that this is going great. Out of the month of March I have probably missed 5 days total. On those 5 days I drank at least a half gallon. I have been able to maintain this because of my new system. Every night I fill up my gallon jug and put it in the fridge. I wake up in the morning and fill up my contigo bottle with ice and drink away. I just have to finish that one gallon in the day. No more guess work. Also my water bottle keeps the water ice cold all day (I need it really cold). The gallon and bottle come everywhere with me. 


I have been doing well with no sweets and fast food. I have had french fries once, taco bell once, and one unfortunate peep and cadbury egg situation. Other than a couple free day freebies I would say that this goal is going well. Going forward I am going to continue what I am doing with this. I would love to cut sweets out entirely but its not realistic and if I don't occasionally indulge I may fail even more. 

I have been trying to post regularly about how I am doing. I keep in touch with my work out buddy daily via text. Since I don't have time to blog everyday I have been keeping a private fitness instagram (@yoast_fitness) so I can post daily. I do this so I keep myself accountable. If I stop posting there is probably a reason so I am doing my best to track my meals, workouts, and changes. So far I have felt like this is really helping me. I follow a lot of fitness instagram accounts on there and they offer motivation as well. If you want to follow along just look it up and I will add you, I just didn't want to post sports bra pictures on my regular account. Here are a couple of my daily postings that are on that account.  

Last goal is to sign up for a birthday half. I still plan on signing up for a half but I have signed up for a 5K in September with friends. I am looking to do the half in Bar Harbor mid Sept. but I am not fully committed. Nervous I guess. 

Lastly I wanted to show another progress picture. The difference in the pictures is actually only 2.5 weeks but it's the best I have from the beginning of Operation Fitness. The weight difference in the pictures is around 4 lbs but I think I am losing more inches than lbs. This is another example of why weight doesn't matter as much as the other stuff. 

Warning: sports bra selfie 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sorry about the dirty mirror...and Minnie Mouse potty in the background. 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment