Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Operation Fitness: Progress

Operation fitness update coming your way. I am going to share some pictures of my postpartum journey this time around. I don't love sharing pictures...in fact I hate it. I do, however, find that it helps me with my goals to document my journey. Truth is I haven't put the best effort in until this last month. I have pictures from the beginning this time and I still have a loooong way to go. 

First I want to share some things that have been helping me this time around:

1. Set goals! Write them down and hold yourself accountable to them everyday. My main goal is to run/walk 400 miles before my 30th birthday. That boils down to 2 miles a day everyday. One step at a time.

2. Drink water. My goal is a gallon a day. I was having a hard time keeping track of my gallon and I hate when water gets cold. I bought a gallon sized jug and a bottle that keeps water cold all day. Every night I fill up the gallon jug and put it in the fridge. Everyday I just have to get through that jug and I know I have met my goal. No thinking involved. Also with my new bottle I always have cold water. No excuses. 

3. If you are competitive, make it a competition. Brian is about 40 miles behind me and he bet that he could catch up to me by the end of April. Nothing will get me moving more than someone coming up on my heels. Since we started our mileage competition I have been pushing myself harder every time I get on the treadmill to run. 

Those are my tips for now. Those three things seem to be helping me the most at the moment. Now onto the pictures. Only positivity please. Also a warning, I'm in a sports bra. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This first picture was 2 weeks PP. I had lost about 15lbs of 40lbs of baby weight at this point. 
This next picture was around 8 weeks PP. I had started doing very little exercise but was eating well. Another 10(ish) lbs down. 

Since 8 weeks PP I hadn't really tried or taken pictures. Then I set my goals and started writing it all down on a calendar. I am starting to see some real results. I also mark free days to help if I am having some bad cravings. This gives me something to look forward to.
 Taken today, 7 months PP. Sorry the lighting is terrible in my bathroom. This picture is about 8lbs down from the 8 week picture. 5lbs in the last month alone. 
Truth is I have a long way to go. I am still 15lbs above my goal weight (5lbs above pre preg weight). It be nice if I was one of those people that weight just fell off.....but I'm not. This time around I am really trying to love the journey instead of just the results.

Happy exercising! 

No comments:

Post a Comment