Friday, January 23, 2015

Colette: 24 & 25 Weeks

She would not stop rolling over. This was the best I could get for week 24. 

24 & 25 Weeks
-Sick, sick sick. I despise winter. 
- Another trip to Urgent Care (for me this time).
-Potty training Amelia. Yikes. 
-Discovered a possible Banana allergy. 
-Colette is having stranger issues. 
-LOVES laughing at Amelia. 

These last two weeks have really gotten the best of me. I am exhausted! Basically when you have little kids, winter equals being sick ALL THE TIME. I haven't left the house since Monday because I just want a break from being sick. Oh actually I went to urgent care on Wednesday because I have a UTI from (most likely) kidney stones. Around 6 years ago I had chronic UTIs and kidney infections for around 2 years straight. I was constantly on medication and had multiple ER trips. After seeing lots of doctors they discovered it was from  kidney stones. I had a surgery 4 years ago and have not had any issues since. I woke up Wednesday with an all to familiar feeling in my left lower back...nooooo! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is just a UTI and not kidney stones. 

The other thing that I am struggling through this week is potty training. Amelia is doing fine but I feel like I am failing. I am bad at reading the signs and taking care of another baby I feel like I am always a minute too late. We made some progress today after 45!! minutes sitting in the bathroom so hopefully we can keep it moving. This potty training business is my least favorite mom duty for sure. 

Let's move onto something positive. Even though Colette has been sick for what feels like a month she is still so sweet. She is almost always smiling and wants to touch everything. I don't think there is a better feeling than walking into her room after her nap. Her entire face smiles when she looks at me. That will make anyone feel good. She adores Amelia. I love watching them get to know each other and play together. 

Lately I have been looking at Colette and she seems huge. She'll be 6 months next week and it has flown by. Being a stay at home mom the days often feel so long but then you blink and half the year is gone. 
2 Weeks
25 Weeks

Happy Weekend everyone!

ps//That last picture of Colette reminded me a lot of Amelia at the same age. What do you think?









1 comment:

  1. Those two are sisters for sure! And darling sisters at that. I could not agree more about the potty training. It is the bane of my existence and I am so bummed I have to do it again with Aidan, but I've gotten through 3 kids and I can tell you that you'll both survive it! I will be repeating this to myself over and over when it's Aidan's turn :)

    ReplyDelete