Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shrimp Boil Birthday

We celebrated Brian's birthday yesterday with a fun dinner. A while ago Brian told me about a shrimp and crab boil that he went to and I was inspired by that for Brian's birthday dinner this year. It turned out fantastic and so much fun!

It was my first time and I followed a recipe I found online. I found the trick is to season the water really well and that gets all the flavor in whatever you put in the boil. We did onions, red potatoes, corn on the cob, smoked sausage, button mushrooms, shrimp, and crab. I put some craft paper down on the table and we dug in. 
I should've put down two layers of paper. Next time. 

My mom tried to grab a fork and Brian was not having it. He said it was his birthday and he makes the rules. Hands only. 

Brian is not a big dessert fan but he does like the occasional brownie and pudding. After I frosted some brownies with pudding we had his "cake". It ended up looking a little gross so I added some raspberries and it looked a little more appealing. It tasted a lot better than it looks. 
Of course Amelia had to help with the candles. Good practice for her birthday in a couple of days. We also got a picture of the whole family of 4! 

So happy we got to celebrate Brian and we have him home with us for the next week. Happy Birthday B! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment