Thursday, July 24, 2014

Belly Update: 39 Weeks


39 Weeks
Symptoms: Swollen feet. We have had a little bit of heat and humidity and I am feeling it. I am lucky that the swelling is pretty minimal but you can usually find me laying down with ice on my feet. 
Cravings: Still water. 
Missing: Everything. I miss being able to bend over. I miss having energy. I miss my normal clothes. I miss sleep. I miss sushi and caffeine.  Heat makes me a little crabby. 
Movement: Yes! Getting cramped in there. 

Highlight(s) of the week: Spending quality time with Amelia. She likes to play alone or with Goose a lot during the day but I have been making a special effort to just hang out while she reads and other activities. It hit me that our time with just the two of us is coming to an end. I am not sad about it because I know we will still spend plenty of time together but I am just soaking in everything lately. My house may be messy but Amelia and I have had the best time laughing, singing, and dancing together all week. 

I had my 39 week checkup yesterday and everything is looking great. Despite the "diabetes" everything is on track and my blood sugars have been completely normal for the last 3 weeks. As of yesterday I have gained 30lbs. This is less than last time but I started 5lbs up so it looks like my final weight will be close to the same. I can't wait to get back to working out! Last time I didn't start working out until close to 6 weeks postpartum. I imagine it will be the same(ish) this time. I already have my insanity buddy ready to start together in about 2 months. 

So now that we are one week away, I am going to make my predictions. Brian thinks that this baby is a boy and I think it's a girl. Last time we both thought it was a girl. I think we are gonna be on time so my guess is the baby is coming July 31st and will be a little bigger than Amelia. I am going to guess 7lbs12oz. Any guesses?


No comments:

Post a Comment