Thursday, June 26, 2014

Belly Update: 35 Weeks

.::35 Days To Go::.

35 Weeks
Symptoms: Sciatic pain is back and I am having a lot of trouble sleeping. 
Cravings: Sweets...although I can't give in. I think I am gonna have a couple days of eating whatever sweets I want after this baby is born since I have to watch them so closely these last few weeks. 
Missing: See above. 
Movement: Lots. I think the baby is still head up though because I feel a lot of intense pressure in the same spot on my ribs. Very uncomfortable. We'll find out at my appointment this week about the baby's position. Fingers crossed the baby is moving or has moved on down. 
Highlight(s) of the week: First day of Summer! We have being spending a lot of time outside. We even celebrated the summer solstice with a 3 mile walk to the beach.  Luckily we haven't had much heat and I am still feeling good.  


These last couple of weeks I have been dealing with gestational diabetes. I will be totally honest and say that it's not fun...at all. I take my blood sugar 4x a day and have to count every carb. I def feel the sympathy for anyone that is living with diabetes. I am not taking Insulin because I don't actually have diabetes (I am considered glucose intolerant) so I am borderline. When I decided to have a Dairy Queen blizzard the other night my body felt it and I had a hard time keeping my blood sugar down the next day. It's crazy that my body decides to do this when I get pregnant. For the most part I didn't have to change my diet much, I just had to cut the junk out. I am eating the same things but I just forgo the soda or the ice cream for dessert. If I do get pregnant again I will for sure start the carb watching early on so I don't have to deal with even being borderline. Testing my blood sugar after every meal and counting everything I put in my body has me stressed out. The good news about this whole thing is I have only gained 25lbs. Since I gained 38lbs (total) last time this is a big difference and in the heat of summer I will be happy to gain as little weight as possible. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of summer. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment