Thursday, June 12, 2014

Belly Update: 33 Weeks


33 Weeks
Symptoms: Feeling pretty good this week. I get fatigued easily but I am able to maintain a 2 mile walk without much pain. Anything after that and my sciatic wants to kill me and the braxton hicks contractions kick in. 
Cravings: Otter pops! 
Missing: Caffeine and endurance. With the nice weather around I am missing hiking bad. I don't know that I could do more than 3 miles though and it would have to be relatively flat which is pretty boring. Luckily after the baby comes we will have a couple months of nice weather to get some good non pregnant hikes in. 
Movement: Tons and ALL the time. The baby has been giving me serious jabs in the ribs which is surprisingly painful. 
Highlight(s) of the week: Summertime weather! We picked up our city beach pass today! 

We can officially say I am due next month! We are due on July 31st (Harry Potter's birthday) so I assume the baby will be born in August but we are gonna go with next month to be optimistic. I don't want the baby coming early but I wouldn't mind a couple days before or a due date baby. 

Just had my appointment with the diabetes nutritionist. I am feeling less than thrilled that I am in the 4% of women that have insulin producing issues during pregnancy. I am totally committed to doing what I need to (which is counting every carb and testing my blood sugar 4x a day) but I am a little bummed about it. I am a healthy eater so I am bummed that the time in my life when I feel less guilty about indulging...I have to count carbs. I sound like I am throwing a pity party which I totally am but I do know it could be a lot worse. Whatever I have to do to make sure this babe is healthy, I'm in. 

Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment