Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Making Lemonade...

Brian and I are born and raised California kids. Brian is also super positive and I am a little more on the grumpy side. I try and he does rub off on me but I tend to be a little more glass half empty. So waking up this morning after more snow that fell on the two feet that is already on the ground had me feeling the winter blues. I find myself day dreaming of ice cold drinks, sandy toes, and a suntan. I don't think I was fully prepared for the amount of snow that lands in New England. We went to school in Idaho and there was a lot of snow there, but it was mostly cold. The snow here is wet and just keeps coming. 

Just wanted to give you an idea of what we were dealing with the morning before I drove Brian to work. 

the little hole we dug to put our car...can't wait to have a garage next winter.
pushing snow out of the way to open the door. it is actually a step down there.
Sometimes I actually think it looks pretty....
Have I mentioned that we don't have a dryer...clothes everywhere. 

Well the entire drive to work Brian kept talking about how pretty the snow was and how much he loves it. Since he always seems to be able to make lemonade out of lemons I decided I would do the same. After a quick trip to the grocery store and putting a bowl out to catch snow I made snow cream. 


I didn't measure anything. I just put fresh snow in and added milk, sugar, and vanilla for taste and consistency. I added a little cinnamon and marshmallows for some spice and woohoo........
snow cream!!!
Notice how deep my feet are buried in snow!



Maybe this snow stuff is not all bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment