Sunday, December 1, 2013

"Final" Insanity Results

I did it! I finished 63 days of Insanity. I am thrilled that I get to do this post and I am feeling accomplished. I am stronger than I was 2 months ago and feeling WAY healthier. Not even a contest.

Here are my official before and after (still progress) pictures. 
I was definitely sucking it in in my before pictures. Embarrassing. 

I had great results right away. I think this was 50% eating, 25% working out, and 25% de-stressing. Honestly eating is a huge part but I am finally able to relax. My life was crazy hectic for so long that my baby weight just stayed. I eat healthy and worked out starting 6 weeks postpartum, and the weight just stayed there. It was the stress. Now that most of the stress is under control I am really starting to see results. 

Here are the "rules" I have followed for the last 2 months:
-I tried to net 1200 calories a day. If I worked out more, ate more. 
-I based my eating loosely from this website. I modified because I was doing Insanity, but she has fantastic recipes. I pumped up the protein, fruits, and veggies and decreased the carbs by A LOT. I will now be forever eating this way. I feel 1000x better. Basically cut the crap, you wont regret it. 
-I never missed a workout. I made it my main priority (behind Amelia). Even on my busiest days I can always find an hour, even if I don't want to. 
-100+ ounces of water a day.
-SLEEP!
-Never, never be hard on myself. Just try my hardest and do better everyday. I was not perfect at all! I worked hard and saw results because I worked hard. 

So what's next...

-Yoga. Doing Insanity helped me find my strengths and weaknesses. My endurance, arm, and leg strength is great but I need to improve my flexibility and core strength. I am going to try and do yoga everyday through the end of the year. I am also going to do a little strength training everyday, light weight and high reps. 
-Focus on my eating. I went big for Thanksgiving and started feeling some headaches and sleeping less so I need to get back to the basics. I am going to try and focus my eating even more. The Holidays are hard and I don't deprive myself but I can still make healthy choices. 

Happy December!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You look so great. What an accomplishment. Eating right is a huge part of losing weight, which is my biggest downfall :( I've been doing pretty decent this pregnancy so far though. But it's always tough around the holidays. Keep up the good work! P.S.--Thank you for the holiday card! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Congrats again on the pregnancy, what a blessing! I am sure your kids were thrilled, they will be the best older siblings!

      Delete