Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Celebrating December

I'm sorry I have been m.i.a. for a couple of weeks from the blog. Amelia and I were sick sick sick. I don't know exactly what it was, stomach bug I guess, but we were down for the count. Since we have been out of commission our December celebrations have been slow going. 

Now that New England was blanketed in about 2 feet of snow we are feeling full of holiday spirit. We haven't really spent time playing in the snow but we are loving the winter wonderland it creates. 


I, of course, planned on doing 25 fun activities for every day until Christmas but that didn't happen. Mostly because we were sick but also because Christmas overload can turn me Grinchy. We are sticking with just a few activities to keep the joy alive. We decorated the tree, finished shopping, and wrapped our presents. Next on the list was cookie decorating. This is the perfect activity for the single digit temps we are having! We (and I mean me) made and decorated a couple dozen cookies. I realized that after rolling out the dough I only have Halloween cookie cutters, so circles it is. Amelia was an excellent sous baker (is that a thing?).

I know Amelia wont remember doing this but I feel so much flippin' joy from it. Well that and a little nausea (on account of the sugar). Happy celebrating! 

.:8 Days until Christmas:.



No comments:

Post a Comment