Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Just How I Imagined Her

When I found out I was pregnant the first thought that popped in my head was an image of a baby girl holding a balloon on her first birthday. Pretty odd since I didn't know that Amelia was a girl until she was born, but that was my first thought. When Amelia turned one I knew that I wanted to get that picture. 

For Amelia's first birthday celebration we were in Ukiah and weren't able to get any balloons. Believe it or not there was a helium shortage and they weren't selling balloons in the entire city. What are the chances?!? When we got back to Georgia we packed everything and moved...no time there. On Amelia's actual birthday we were in a hotel and didn't have the place to take the pictures and her "birthday" dress got packed in storage. 

Here we are almost 2 months later, and I finally got it done. After checking 3 stores for balloons we were able to get a silver mylar balloon (apparently no one blows up latex balloons anymore). It wasn't easy and a little cold but it turned out just as I imagined. 

She is as sweet as she looks in these pictures. Amelia is the kind of baby that makes you want to have 20 more (ha, maybe not 20 we aren't the Duggars over here). She is joy and light and life. She has turned this cold heart of mine into a big warm pile of mush. 


Here is to making dreams, even small, come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment