Wednesday, April 10, 2013

32 Weeks


32 Weeks
-Color Run!
-Hiked Kennesaw Mountain
-Finished painting Amelia's crib (finally)
-Play dates at the park

I did my first 5K this weekend. Yay! It turned out to be a blast and more of a party than a race but we had a great time. The training did pay off because I felt great the whole time. As a group we stayed together and did a jog/walk pace. I would recommend the Color Run as a first 5K for anyone interested in getting into races. After this and the Disneyland 1/2, I think I am only signing up for fun races. Way easier to run a race when you're having a party. 


On Sunday Brian and I decided that we needed to break in our new hiking backpack. We packed the baby and the Goosey and headed over to Kennesaw Mountain.  We ended up doing around 5 miles of hiking over the mountain on the trails. Amelia loves her new ride. 


We brought Goose who was immediately exhausted. Poor fur ball. It is going to be a rough summer for our Goose. 




Resting near the top.

And Amelia is out...

We love having active weekends over here at the Yoast house. It's a good time to update you on our Yoast Biggest Loser Challenge. We are working hard with not huge changes. Slowly but surely we will get there. As of today (8 weeks in) Brian has lost 10 lbs and I am down 7lbs. I wont be making my 12 week goal but we are in the right direction. I have a lot of areas that I can improve on. I am doing really good with working out but my diet could still use work as well as my water intake. I am tackling my water intake today! I have started a gallon challenge to try and drink 16 cups of water everyday. Since I have kidney stone issues anyway this is not only gonna help it is kinda necessary. Only 12 bathroom breaks today...we are on the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment