Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

Around our house we don't usually go big for the holidays, they normally just get a little shout out. However, now that Amelia is here and getting more and more of a personality it is making the holidays much more fun. 

We started off the morning with a festive breakfast. I saw this cute St. Patty's day breakfast idea here and thought I would give it a try. I think it turned out pretty cute.  Green pancakes topped with whipped cream and lucky charms. 


Yes, I did pinch Brian until he got
out of bed and put on a green shirt...



Unfortunately they look a lot better than they tasted. For some reason I am terrible at making pancakes, burnt on the edges gooey in the middle....gross. Hopefully when Amelia is old enough to eat them I'll figure it out. 

Since I love a holiday photo shoot, after Church Amelia and I got right to it. First we posed in front of my holiday chalkboard. The funny thing about this picture is that Brian was sleeping so it's a selfie. I don't have a tripod (wish list) so my camera is balanced on top of books on top of a ladder.  I'm resourceful like that. The funny part was trying to get it set up and getting into position in 10 seconds. This might explain that look on Amelia's face. 


On Saturday night I had a panic attack when I realized Amelia didn't have anything green to wear for her FIRST St. Patrick's Day. Yes, I may have overreacted a little but that is my style. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't having an anxiety attack over trivial ridiculous things. I rummaged through some bins of clothes and discovered a little green tutu. Well, that will do. I added a gold headband (homemade thanks to a tutorial from some helpful friends) and her outfit was set. Basically I panicked for no reason at all....story of my life. 

Amelia is sitting up now so our little holiday pictures turned out cute. In person she is a serious inquisitive baby but put that camera up and BAM! she turns it on. Funny girl. 
I love how she angled her body 
here. Almost
like an awkward posed school 
picture. 
After this picture I squealed, "Are you kidding me??" out
of pure excitement. I am dying
of this little  Leprechaun cuteness.
Something else that makes me giddy...
tights on babies.  
Shot of the tutu. 
More squeals of excitement :)

Never in a million years did I think I would be the mom making green pancakes, dressing her up in tutus, and making her do holiday photo shoots. Ya know what, I'm gonna own it. Past Tara you can pipe down because I LOVE it.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! She is so adorable! And you are one amazing mom!! (Ruined pancakes or not!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Jenny! By the way, your talk was great today. It was exactly what I needed :)

      Delete