Friday, February 22, 2013

25 Weeks


25 Weeks
-Colds are circulating :(
-Started bananas!
-Starting training for 5K
-First Zumba Class

We have been homebodies this week because a little cold has been circulating around our little family. The last 2 days have been a lot of laying around and TV watching because I'm not a very good sick person and neither is Brian.  

This week has been pretty productive other than the cold running around.  Brian and I have decided to start a biggest loser competition between us.  We are doing it for 12 weeks and whoever loses the highest percentage of weight loss wins the ultimate prize of....losing weight :) I still have 10lbs of baby weight (lame) and I started my pregnancy about 10lbs up anyway (even more lame) so my goal is 20 lbs. Brian has a goal of around 30lbs because he put on a little sympathy weight. I have started a 5K training program this week which has been great.  I found the Couch to 5K app for my phone and it is a 3x a week training.  I am not a runner and the program is really great.  It starts out slow with a run/walk program and builds up over the weeks until I am doing the 5K in under 30 minutes.  I also went to my first ever Zumba class this week.  I loved it.  I have a little bit of a dance background so I'm able to keep up pretty good.  It is such a great workout and you almost don't notice how hard you're working because it is so much fun.  Other than working out more regularly I have started watching what I'm eating.  I am a pretty healthy eater but I think I tend to overeat if anything, well and I LOVE sodium....The diet hasn't changed much other than I am writing it down so I am more aware of how much I'm eating compared to how much I'm moving.  I feel great after 5 days and I think I'll start to really notice a difference soon :)

Another thing I did this week was FILL my freezer with baby food.  Brian bought me a very nice blender and I took full advantage of it this week.  I waited until I got my Co op basket of goodies and based my baby food making off of that.  This week we got some yellow squash, avocados, bananas, carrots and green beans that I turned into baby food.  We have only tried sweet potatoes and bananas so far.  Amelia does love sweet potatoes but the bananas are slowly growing on her.  I assumed she would love the sweetness of the bananas but it took three feedings before she stopped making the "ewww" face to the bananas. I have really enjoyed making the food and I enjoy knowing that it wont go to waste.  Since it is just pureed fruits and veggies if she doesn't like something or we don't use it all I can throw it in with my smoothies.   

Hopefully this cold makes its way through soon.  Not that anyone call tell that Amelia doesn't feel good....so cute.  

Her eyes still look really dark, the are a deep blue.

This is her face 90% of the time.  Happy = tongue out. 

She loves laying on my lap with her back arched. This picture made
me laugh because it looks like a selfie. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment