Sunday, February 10, 2013

23 Weeks


23 Weeks
-Amelia's Blessing!
-Back in Georgia
-Superbowl :(
-Civil War Museums (thanks Dad)
-5 Month Pajama pictures :)


We are back in Georgia!! We had a great time but we definitely missed Brian, Goosey, and the house.  My parents flew back with us which made the flight much much easier.  I would also recommend sitting in the front of the plane if possible with kids.  We were able to put a blanket down and Amelia could move around and stretch out, it was perfect. 

It has been a busy week in the Yoast house (hence the super late post). When we arrived we got straight to the fun.  We were so lucky to have both sets of Grandparents in town for the blessing.  We did Amelia's blessing much later than normal because we really wanted the Grandparents there so this is when we could do it.  Amelia looked so cute in her dress which is the dress I wore when I was blessed so long ago.  My mom bought the dress at a second hand store and said it was old when I wore it 27 years ago, so it is very antique looking.  I love it. She looked like a living doll.  Brian did such a great job with the blessing.  He is so sweet with Amelia and I can just tell how much he loves her.  His blessing was short and very sweet. My favorite part of the blessing was when he asked that she be an example to those around her.  I feel that it suites her and she will live up to those words. 

We look so awkward here, not sure why. 

Yay! 

While my dad was here we had to hit up a couple museums. He minored in history and loves LOVES all things civil war. We went to the Southern Museum of Locomotive and Civil War History and also the Museum of Kennesaw Mountain.  Both were super thrilling.....okay, not really my cup of tea but they were nice museums. My dad loved them both.  Amelia and I flew through the museums but we stayed for around 2-3 hours because my dad reads EVERYTHING.  I am happy that he was able to enjoy his time.  I would definitely recommend going to Kennesaw Mountain and battlefield.  The museum was interesting but there are a lot of hiking trails and it is very pretty, even for a picnic.  

Kennesaw Mountain


Lucky for us my mom is still visiting for another week so we have some antique and thrift store shopping in our future.  We are on the hunt for some furniture so wish us luck.  I have also made my first batch of baby food tonight and I can't wait for Amelia to try it tomorrow. We joined a co-op with some other families and I got a few sweet potatoes so I decided to use those for her first solid food.  She has been eating rice cereal for the past two weeks so I think she is ready to move on up to the good stuff.  My first baby food making experience was pretty good.  I boiled 2 sweet potatoes, mashed them by hand, blended them, and then put them through a strainer.  With just 2 potatoes I made enough for around 3 weeks. We'll see how it goes.

Last I wanted to leave you with a couple extra pictures of Amelia.

This was after hour 2 at the museum and my dad was still reading away.  We just started goofing around and her personality is really starting to show :)


Her 5 month pajama photo shoot. She is just so sweet and inquisitive.  She is beautiful and makes my job as a mom very rewarding.  I feel lucky :)


No comments:

Post a Comment