Thursday, January 24, 2013

21 Weeks

sorry for the grainy picture had to take it on my phone this week

21 Weeks
-First Flight to California!!!!

This big new this week is that Amelia and I flew to California! We surprised my parents as a late Christmas present and showed up at the house on last Friday. We get to stay for 2 weeks! We have been having a great time relaxing and hanging out with family and friends.  

Overall the flight went really well.  We took off from Atlanta around 6:30am and arrived in Oakland at 10:30am (on account of the 3 hour time change).  We had a layover in Denver but stayed on the plane so we ended up being on the same plane for about 7 hours.  I was so nervous leading up to the flight.  Not only was this the first flight with Amelia but I was by myself and it was around 7 hours long. Yikes! Amelia was her little accommodating self and a total trooper.  I fed her on takeoffs and landings and she for the first time slowly drifted off to sleep.  The truth is she normally goes to sleep on an empty stomach and I think she was just so full it put her into a daze. We had one moment on the way to Denver where she was really tired and cried for about 5 minutes.  Longest 5 minutes of my life and old man river across the isle was given me the eye but other than that it was smooth sailing....er....flying. 

When we fly back to Georgia I will be with my parents so it will be a little (or a lot) easier.  There were a couple of moments that I wished that I had someone to hold the baby during the flight.  Moments like when I needed to go to the restroom, when she was sleeping and my arm was falling asleep, or when I needed to get diapers out. Luckily there was a changing table in the airplane bathroom.  For the next flight I will do some things a little differently but overall I will call it a success.  I have some pictures from the flight but since I am without my computer they will have to wait until I am back in Georgia.  

When we got to Oakland we had a 3 hour drive up to Ukiah and Amelia was exhausted so she slept most of the drive.  The time change was a real doozy for the first 2 days.  She was out at 4:30pm so I had to wake her at 7ish and do our bedtime routine.  She also has woken up everyday around 4-5am and I haven't been able to break that yet.  I'm really not trying to hard because she is still taking her naps really well and sleeping at night for at least 9-10 hours.  Also we are going to have to readjust to Georgia time so I'm not too worried about it.  

We are having a great time hanging out in Ukiah and Amelia loves my Mom's dog Abby.  They are about the same size and Amelia cracks up when she sees her.  We plan on heading to Sacramento this weekend to visit with family. Lots of adventures to share in the next couple of weeks! It's still hard to believe all the things we have done in Amelia's short little life. Also we upped her onesie size to 6 months! She finally outgrew her 3 month onesies, yay! Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see you in town!! I'm pretty sure Lucy was just as excited, too! I know you probably have a tight schedule while you're here, but if you have any down time, I would love to see you guys. Amelia is so adorable, and you are the cutest little Mama! You look like a natural!

    ReplyDelete