Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The waiting game....

Today I am 39 weeks and 6 days along in this pregnancy.  I really hoped that I wouldn't make it this far but I suppose the baby needs more time in there so it will have to do.  I have been trying a few things to induce labor, clearly without success. Some of the foods that I have tried are eggplant parmesan, balsamic vinegar, lots of pineapple, raspberry herbal tea, and spicy food.  I have also tried bouncing on an exercise ball, long car rides in Brian's bouncy truck, and we even went kayaking this weekend.  The only thing that I have had a reaction to is the balsamic vinegar which has caused low back pain and irregular pre-labor contractions every time. I have since given up on my efforts of naturally inducing labor and I'm just gonna try and play the waiting game.

I was given advice yesterday to not play the waiting game but to stay busy and then labor will take me by surprise.  I am trying to stay busy but when you can hardly bend over anymore what to do.  Today I posted our couch and coffee table of Craigslist to sell, played with Goose, vacuumed, and now posting on my blog. I have run out of things to do.  Since I am really bad at waiting we have decided that on Thursday (if the baby is still cooking) I will have the Dr. strip my membranes to maybe gets things moving.  If that doesn't get things moving then I may schedule to be induced, maybe.  I suppose getting induced is preferred over an unplanned c-section but we'll see.

Here's to hoping :)


2 comments:

  1. Ooo!! I'm so excited for you!! I know you'll be busy when the baby comes, but at least post a picture for us k? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk, walk, walk, walk!!!!!! Even if you think you can walk no more! :)))))). Can Not wait to hear he news of our little neice/nephew! Good luck and we are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete