Wednesday, August 22, 2012

40 Weeks


******DUE DATE******
in honor of my full figure.....cow print!

40 Weeks
Baby Size: A small pumpkin
Symptoms: Contractions all day and thirsty
Cravings: Water & Chocolate

Well here we are 40 weeks! When I bought the cow print it was kind of a joke because I didn't think I would make it this far.  Well we made it and I do feel a little like a cow.  Haha.  The fabric does make the belly a little harder to see but it is a funny note to end on.  

I have been having contractions (or surges as we call them in hypnobirthing) all day.  Today is the closest I have felt to consistent labor symptoms which is very exciting.  The surges are still irregular lasting around 10-15 seconds but they are coming at random intervals, so who knows if it is the real deal.  They are giving me slight discomfort but no pain so they probably aren't the good ones but we'll see. 

Well since we are hopefully only a short time away from our hospital visit I though I would finally share what I packed in my bags. I am very prepared which means that I have way too much but I can't help it.  We are only bringing two bags to the hospital, one small bag and one large bag.  I fit everything for me, the baby, and Brian into the large bag.  In the picture below is the large bag and of course the Boppy.



In the next picture is the stuff I packed for the baby. 



                                     


For the baby:
4 receiving blankets
1 hoodie towel
3 newborn outfits
3 0-3 month outfits
3 pairs of socks
3 pairs of mittens
3 hats
baby face wipes
baby powder
baby oil
desitin
1 bottle
4 oz. drop ins 
2 pacifiers
newborn diapers (only 5 just in case)
1 going home outfit



For me:
2 nursing tank tops
2 nursing bras (not underwire)
2 pair of maternity leggings (I live in these)
1 nightgown (the grey on the left)
1 robe (black, grey, and peach)
2 loose baggy shirts (go with leggings)
1 going home dress
1 t-shirt
5 pairs cotton underwear
bathroom supplies
hair supplies
maxi pads and nursing pads

For Brian, I included pajamas, underwear, and socks. Very exciting. 

 my small bag


snacks (jolly ranchers, trail mix, swedish fish, gum)
kleenex
chargers
hypnobirthing book and visualizations
kaiser paperwork
cards
games
itzbeen timer

To be added later:
kindle
phone
wallet
camera
birthing ball
speakers for music

I think that about covers everything we need and a lot of what we don't need. I have packed and repacked this bag at least 5 times but this will have to be the final list because I don't have the energy to do it anymore. I am hoping that our little lamb decides to make an appearance tonight or tomorrow.  Brian and I are heading out on a walk now.  Keep your fingers crossed for us! We'll keep you posted. 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you almost non-stop the last few days... I hope your little one comes quickly and safely! Oh, and one little tidbit of advice - make sure to take a stool softener for a few weeks after you give birth. I didn't with Hugh and did with Lucy... night and day difference! The hospital gave me colace twice a day, so that's what I continued taking after I left the hospital. Anyway, random I know, but I really wish someone had told me that after I had Hugh. Thinking of you and sending lots of good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete