Thursday, June 28, 2012

32 Weeks

 ******8 Months******

32 Weeks
Baby Size: A large jicama (yum)
Symptoms: Lots of movement (more like barrel rolls)
Cravings: still very thirsty 

Another week closer, and I am starting to feel every bit of this baby.  The last two days I have stepped up my workout (so basically more walking and stretching) and I am exhausted today.  Its funny how tired I can get after just a mile beach walk and some extra yoga stretches.  Today Kirstin and I went to Disneyland to check out the new features at Disney's California Adventure.  The new downtown is now a likeness of Buena Vista with new shops and restaurants and there is also the new Radiator Spring (Car's Land).  It was really fun and if you have seen the movie Cars, it looks almost identical to the Radiator Springs from the movie. We had a really good time enjoying the food and the Disney creativity.  The combination of the crowds and the people had me sitting at a restaurant for a long break though. I would definitely recommend visiting because it was really cute and enjoyable. 

Another thing that is pretty new this week is the addition of nesting.  I had a moment last week of yelling at Brian about how I need to get rid of everything and that we have no space.  This "no space" is mostly due to my mess or disorganization so I got started on getting making some small changes.  I documented one that has an embarrassing before picture so just try not to cringe.  This is underneath our bathroom sink:

                                      
before

This space became a dumping ground for anything that we don't use often.  I was searching through it to find nail polish remover and had enough.  I was off to Target and picked up 5 shoe box size tupperware and got to organizing.  
                                     
                                       
after: quite the improvement!

Another project I worked on (well mostly Brian worked on) was our coffee table.  I love a cottage feel to anything so I liked the worn look from before but the paint job was bad and if we put our feet up it would peel a little paint away every time.  It was in need of a little love.  Here is the before:



Before









After

After a little sanding, priming, and then 2 coats of a sample paint I got a while back it looks much better. I am happy with the two projects that I completed this week and I will be tackling the rest of our closets and storage spaces soon.  More embarrassing pictures to come I'm sure. 





1 comment:

  1. Great job on the organizing! Wish I was closer so I could help you "nest". LOL. Tell Brian he did a great job on the table! Getting VERY close now......can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete