Thursday, June 21, 2012

31 Weeks


31 Weeks
Baby Size: Weight of 4 oranges
Symptoms: Rib Pain (this is ongoing)
Cravings: Water (I drink so much)

This week has been very busy.  It was our last week of school and the work has been non stop.  In the first three days this week I put in an extra eight hours and cleaned for 6 hours today.  I am exhausted.  I think I would have been tired even if I weren't 31 weeks pregnant. Luckily my job is super fun and also very rewarding so it is worth it.  We start our summer sessions on July 2 and end on July 19.  Hopefully I can make it, the heat may just get to me though. 

Since my last post seen here I have actually checked a couple of things of the list, and of course added some more.  Here is my new and improved list:

Before Baby To Do List:
Wash all new baby clothes/ blankets 
Buy table top changing pad
Deep deep clean apartment
Clean carpets (a must with a dog)
Practice using the stroller with Goose
Introduce Goose to a baby doll (just to be safe)
Register at hospital
Take at least one labor class
Make 2 weeks worth of freezer meals 
Sign up for diaper service
Start packing hospital bag
Buy breast pump (may do after baby comes)
Sign up for maternity leave
Deep clean car

It feels good to start crossing things off.  I crossed off the hospital bag because it is well on its way.  It is hard to complete it until right before because of all the last minute items.  I have been doing some research and I have started to come up with my list of necessities.  I am also a super planner when it comes to packing so I love doing it EARLY.  


Hospital Bag List:
For Mom
Toothbrush/Toothpaste
Button Up Pajamas (2-3)
Comfortable Pajama Gown
Leggings
Cotton Underwear (6-8)
Nursing Bras (2-3)
Hairbrush/Comb/Hair-ties/Headbands
Shampoo/Conditioner
Body Wash/Loofa
Deodorant
Breast Pads
Outfit to wear home (this is a toughie for me)
Razor
Face Wash Clothes
Makeup
Lotion
Chap-stick
Earplugs
Notebook/Pen
Kindle
Sanitary Pads 
For Baby
Car-seat
Receiving Blankets (3)
Baby Wipes
Baby oil
Bodysuit/Pajamas (2-3 each)
Socks (3)
Booties
Hat (2)
Going home outfit (hard not knowing the sex)

My lists are getting a little excessive but I can't help it.  I feel the need to be prepared really early.  I know that when the baby comes I am going to be soooooo overwhelmed so I can at least control my to do lists. Fortunately for me I have a really laid-back husband and he balances me out a little bit.

So as you can see we have crossed off a few things from our before baby list.  We have introduced Goose to a baby doll which went very well. He is curious about it but when we tell him no or tell him it's a baby he sits and keeps his distance. Next time we do it I'll snap a photo so you can see his cute face trying not to look at the baby.  We also went to our first hypnobirthing course.  I am going to do a whole post on the class so more on that to come. I will say that we did enjoy it and it seems like the perfect fit for us.  Even after watching three real birthing videos Brian actually said he thought they were very cool and he didn't even flinch (yes I totally did). Like I said, he is the Yin to my Yang (or somethings like that).  Basically he makes for a better version of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment