Wednesday, May 16, 2012

26 Weeks

*****Less than 100 days to go*****


26 Weeks
Baby Size: English Cucumber (length)
Symptoms: Some edema
Cravings: Orange Juice

This week has been much less eventful than the last. After recovering from the flu I have finally been able to get back into my rhythm.  I noticed last week that I was having trouble getting fully re hydrated after the flu. Also, I felt a little swelling in my legs and feet.  Now I already have small feet with chubby little toes so I was not a big fan of the swelling. It was quite uncomfortable.  I "made" Brian take me to the beach Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for walks so I could put my feet in the cold water while getting the circulation going.  It seemed to do the trick because I haven't had anymore swelling since.  Even after standing for 8 HOURS at work yesterday my feet held up.  It looks like I just needed to get moving. I have had much more energy lately and have loved taking advantage and getting a lot of exercise (mostly walking and stretching, but I'll take what I can get).

Well I am so excited for this weekend! I am heading home for probably the last time until at least after September. While I'm up there my sister-in-law and mom are throwing me a shower. I will admit I have peaked at my registry to see the gifts that have been purchased because I'm not a fan of surprises. I know, I know I'm terrible! I just can't help it.  I have already looked up who the Bachelorette picks in the end.  I just like being in the know.  I'm sure there will be plenty of surprises though.  I can't wait for the good company and the good food.  I am also excited to show off the gifts we receive with you next week :)



2 comments:

  1. I can hardly tell the difference in your belly bump from week to week... you still look so tiny! I had to laugh at your comment about not liking surprises, but that you decided not to find out the baby's sex! Now, that is something that I would not be able to wait to find out. I don't know how you're doing it. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am so excited to see you this weekend. Yeah it is funny that I don't like surprises and I walk around with such a huge one everyday. I think that since no one else knows the sex, I'm good not knowing. Maybe for future babies I may actually find out but for the first I really wanted that moment in the hospital. I think looking forward to that moment is what makes it easier for me not knowing :)

    ReplyDelete