Wednesday, May 23, 2012

27 Weeks

  
27 Weeks
Baby size: Head of a cauliflower 
Symptoms: Muscle cramps
Cravings: Candy 

This weeks symptom has not been fun.  I have heard that when you are in the third trimester (which I think officially starts this week) that muscle cramps can make an appearance. Well Monday morning at about 5:30 BAM! my calf tensed up waking me up from a dead sleep. Every morning when I stretch I can feel that my muscles want to cramp.  Its always just that first stretch in the morning, but it is not a fun feeling at all.  We did a ton of walking on Monday evening too (disneyland) so my calf is actually still a little bit sore.  I've been doing my best to stay hydrated, walk, and stretch but I am afraid this may just be how my third trimester is going to go. 

This post is coming the week after my shower! My drawers are starting to fill up with baby clothes and we have officially started nesting for the baby's arrival.  We still have plenty of time but living in a small apartment we wanna make sure that we are organized well in advance.  We got a new bed frame to make more room for the crib and extra stuff.  Back to the shower, it was really fun.  Per my request, it was very small and casual.  There were about 20 people that came and we had a really nice time.  I got to catch up with everyone that I don't see often and that was the best part for me.  I included some pictures that were the highlights. 

                                      
The candy bar was a big hit! It included my favorite candies and guests got to take home a bag. 
The picture is also awesome because
it shows how great my dad is as a photographer :)
That would be Kirstin's smile and I'm not sure
who's hand. haha
My family's favorite, Champagne cake. Semi-cheesy decorations
but tasty nonetheless.
My favorite part: The Books! This isn't even half of the books 
that I was given. So much fun seeing old favorites and
learning about new books.  I had 
the best time reading them all after the shower.
The Guests

Sisters

Friends

Love this picture of my mom and Kendall from the shower.



Last but not least, a picture of Goose for good measure. 

I am so grateful for everyone that came to the shower! I really had such a good time and I love sharing this new part of our lives with all of these great friends and family!


No comments:

Post a Comment