Wednesday, May 2, 2012

24 Weeks

****6 Months!!****


24 Weeks
Baby Size: ear of corn
Symptoms: rib pain
Cravings: still veggies (mostly carrots)


This week I had my first belly touching experience.  A parent of one of my students went right in with both hands for a rub.  It reminded me of a F.R.I.E.N.D.S episode when a man touches Rachel's belly and asked "Do you mind?" and she answered "You already are". That show still makes me laugh.  I was surprised that the belly touching didn't bother me. I usually have a personal space bubble but I guess the belly is on the outside of that bubble cause I was fine.  I am even okay when the kids occasionally want to feel the belly. I actually think it is kind of sweet, like other people want to connect with the baby. Then again if it starts happening all the time maybe it will start to irritate me but I'm gonna enjoy it for now. 

Last week I had to do a chest Xray.  This is strange but I have to get chest Xrays every couple of years. In 2004, after traveling around Europe, I had a positive TB skin test. After that I had to go through 9 months of medicine to treat potential TB.  It sounds strange because I don't have nor have I ever had tuberculosis but I still have to act like I might get it eventually. The good news is my Xray was all clear.  It was funny because the Xray tech was very nervous knowing that I was pregnant and needing an Xray. He tripled up on the lead vest cover which was super heavy and was quite the site. Glad to have the peace of mind that everything looked good though.  My next test will be the 3 hour glucose in about 4 weeks so I will keep you posted on that. 

I registered for my baby shower this week which was really fun.  I was very much dreading it because I like to pretend that I'm not as far along as I am. I'm on the downhill though so I really need to get on board with reality.  I dragged my sister to Target and we had the BEST time.  I will say it is quite difficult finding things that are unisex. I feel the pain of anyone who will be buying a present for us, not a lot of options. Sorry. Good thing I like yellow, grey, ducks, and giraffes because it looks like those are the choices. I did know that I would want to register for some classic books. For those that don't know, I used to sleep with books in my crib instead of stuffed animals.  I actually got a paper cut on my eye as a result when I was about 12 months old. I'm sure I went overboard on children's books, but it could not be helped.  Everywhere I turned was an old favorite.  I may be apprehensive about motherhood, but reading books with my family is something that I can not wait for. 

2 comments:

  1. Tara - you are so adorable!!!! I never knew you tested positive after our Europe trip! I have had COUNTLESS TB tests and never tested positive but it's a huge fear I have! Crazy times. Congrats on the baby - I'm super excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey! Yeah I had a test done about a month after Europe. Now I'm never allowed to donate blood because of that one skin test. Pretty crazy! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete