Wednesday, April 11, 2012

21 Weeks

Kalo Pashcha!  Christos Anesti!


21 Weeks
Baby Size: Length of a Carrot (just in time for Easter)
Symptoms: Nothing new :)
Cravings: Sweets

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was filled with wonderful food, wonderful company and even a little Easter egg hunt in our living room (thanks Kirstin). We also had the pleasure of getting to see our new niece Reese this past weekend. She is so beautiful and was such a sweet baby the whole time we visited. 

Last week I had my monthly checkup and I was able to hear a little bit about my ultrasound that I had 3 weeks ago. My Dr. said that everything looked great and is growing as it should. After waiting for the appointment for about 2 hours the Dr. only saw me for 5 minutes and informed me that she is moving. I was really sad because it takes a lot for me to feel comfortable with someone. I requested a midwife from here on out so we'll see how it goes. I think I'll need a lot of encouragement and I heard that midwives are really great during the labor.  Anyone else have a midwife instead of a Dr.?

During my appointment the Dr. said that the baby kicked her while she was feeling around. I didn't feel it so there must be a lot of cushion or something. I told the Dr. that I think the baby was trying to punch her in the face for making me wait so long...jk, I did think it though. 

After my appointment I was at work and received a voicemail from my Dr. saying she needed to discuss some testing with me. I was immediately panicked. My mind was wandering, especially because she left me her personal phone number to return her call. When I was finally able to get her on the phone she just wanted to run some primary screening because of my previous health issues. It was really no big deal but my mind automatically jumps to worst case scenario. I imagine that this comes with the territory of becoming a mom. Oh the joys!

Well, I will be heading north this weekend for Greek Easter and I can't wait. Lots of pictures to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment